How is this Symmons shower faucet SUPPOSED to work ('cuz it doesn't work that way)

How is this Symmons shower faucet SUPPOSED to work? ('cuz it doesn't work the way I think it should)

What happens, no matter where I put the volume control knob or the temperature control lever, is that the water comes out blazing hot.

I can't lower the temperature any further on the hotwater heater itself, because the rest of the house has similar set-and-forget shower faucets, which, the family tells me, is just right.

Isn't the lever, which goes from the 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock position,

*supposed* to regulate the temperature?
Reply to
Danny D.

Danny,

Plumbing manufacturers usually have great customer service.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel