How do I fix loose fiberglass hammer handle

I got a common carpenter hammer with a fiberglass handle. The handle is loose and although the head dont come off, it is loose and tends to get on my nerves after awhile. On a wooden handle, I just pound in a wedge, but I dont think that will work on a fiberglass handle. If I could get it out, I'd use some JB Weld, but it dont come off. It's just a cheap hammer and I could just buy another, but I always try to fix whatever I can. Anyone know how?

PS. there is some sort of plastic or something on the top that seals it in. That stuff appears solid and intact.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff
041115 0829 - snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com posted:

Put the ol' BernzOMatic torch to it. With an artful touch, you should be able to change the fitting so that when it solidifies it will fit better in the hammer head.

Reply to
indago