How do fridge freezers ever work?

What is cheaper than what?

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

I just calibrated (it has an adjustment) a digital thermometer to read precisely the same as a room thermometer (traditional red alcohol). They both agreed on -4.5C. Then I moved them both somewhere else. One said it was now 5C WARMER, and the other said 1C COLDER. WTF? I think I'd get a more accurate reading using my finger.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

The best of them are.

That's because you buy cheap chinese shit.

The Hue movement sensors have a thermometer in them and when you put them all together, they do read the same temp.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The micro is much cheaper than two stats and some valves.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You must have done something stupid like hold the sensor.

Fraid not.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But you still need the valves and stats. How do you think a microchip magically makes the refridgerant go a different way? How do you think it magically senses the temperature without a stat?

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

ge

te:

It can't be hard to make them accurate. The most accurate is in fact a =

99p garden thermometer with red alcohol in it. And the least accurate i= s a =A320 digital stat with remote sensor.

So you took loads of the same model/make, funny how they agree.

Reply to
Undersized hippopotamus

Nope, just a couple of temperature sensors instead of the bimetallic stats and its box etc.

A sensor is much cheaper than a stat.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Its harder than you might think.

Even that's not trivial to make accurate. Have a look at the difference in price between lab alcohol thermometers and the cheapest chinese shit.

How are you deciding how accurate it is ?

They read the same as the lab thermometer. I stole some from work and I used to run the town's weather station at work.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hi, Here I found a good list of Refrigerator. I want to see reviews for these product. Please share place where I can see Refrigerator reviews. Thanks bakingreview.com

Reply to
bakingreview.com