How did the burglars enter?

I'd think about who knew I was gone that one night vs who knew I was gone the 3 weeks. In the end it probably won't get you anywhere though. It's best to suspect nobody than to suspect everybody. So without proof you finally chalk it up to a random burglar with no connection to you.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

New Jersey coddles criminals so much that it's illegal to buy a stun gun here.

Rebel1

You forget that I'm in New Jersey. Yes, it takes three months to issue an ID and a permit to buy a firearm of any kind. And you have to be fingerprinted.

We also can't buy stun guns.

We can't buy pepper spray by mail. Other restrictions:
NJ really loves criminals and having us depend on cops.

Reply to
Rebel1

Let me add that some towns, like Colts Neck, have no discharge ordinances.

Rebel1

What state do you live in?

Reply to
Rebel1

Pepper spray may be illegal to purchace, but foaming wasp and hornet spray is perfectly legal and VERY effective. More effective than bear spray against bears. Won't get you out of an assault charge if you use it, but it is legal to own AND carry. Even 16 oz at a time.

Reply to
clare

Only my g/f knew I would be away that night. Two neighbors knew I was away for three weeks.

That's exactly what I believe, though my friends go along with the "casing the place" notion, and that it was someone I know.

Reply to
Rebel1

Texas, IIRC, but Georgia is the same.

Reply to
krw

Did you happen to notice the dryer vent pipe is broken off behind your clothes dryer? Well, I bet it is. Go check. They crawled in your dryer vent. I'm getting vibrations and I am seeing them crawling in the vent and ripping off the pipe (from the inside of the pipe), where it enters the rear of the dryer. There were two guys, one named Rob, the other Bert. Together they form the Robbert team. Both are unemployed Maytag dryer repairmen, living on unemployment compensation.

Reply to
tangerine3

NYC you mean?

Good way of putting it. :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

New York is F'ed up!!

We live in the same state, if you have a CHL *that* is the back-door pistol registration. They know you have at least one (all 506,000 of us)!

Reply to
G. Morgan

So why not go next door to another state to buy one?

Holy shit! Non-lethal is *bad* too?

Incredible.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I have a relative who has been a lawyer in NJ forever, if I ever go back for a visit I suppose I'll be leaving the pistol in TX.

What are they going to do if the National Registry for CHL comes about? Only the non-residents won't be able to carry!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Texas, although other states operate in exactly the same manner.

I don't think, however, other states require the applicants to show their guns to get a marriage license...

Reply to
HeyBub

No I don't but I will cross post this to ASA where hopefully someone will know.

Does anyone have a list of burg. A/V verification jurisdictions?

Reply to
G. Morgan

If the cops catch you with an out of state gun, one of a couple things happens. For career criminals, not much. For law abiding citizens, they are arrested, charged, and prosecuted.

.

So why not go next door to another state to buy one?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Excellent tip. I hope the NJ politicians don't read it; otherwise, they'll ban it.

Reply to
Rebel1

For one thing, NY and PA are almost as bad.

Here is the complete NJ statute:

Note in 13:54-2.2 Permit required, you need a permit to possess a handgun. So buying one out of state doesn't exempt you from the needing a permit.

Here's an outline of the procedure in my home town:

R1

Reply to
Rebel1

They don't have to disclose their assets?

Reply to
krw

What about the coming national reciprocity? Then only non-residents *will* be able to carry.

Reply to
krw