How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse?

I've had ants eat the mouse bait off the trap and mice eat the ant bait. I think it's a mouse/ant conspiracy.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

use:

I had a rat problem in a warehouse I one rented and I fiddled with the big rat traps until the things had a hair trigger. I would often catch mice with them. Because of the size of the trap, the bar would whack the mouse on its hindquarters, the lifeless mouse would be found with a crushed backside and the oddest open mouth expression on its upturned little face. I can imagine that there was one loud ultrasonic squeak.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Don't know how long ago this thread was started but i saw a mouse in my fla t about a week ago set a few traps caught a few already just got back home and i've found a set trap not unlike yourself triggered but was moved about 16inches.......Any1 smell a rat?

Reply to
marlow664

Metspitzer

flat about a week ago set a few traps caught a few already just got back ho me and i've found a set trap not unlike yourself triggered but was moved ab out 16inches.......Any1 smell a rat?

lmao

Reply to
Matthew Marlow

AIUI, even with the helmet, they are likely to suffer concussions. The NCMM has banned trap robbing for mice under 2 years old.

Reply to
micky

flat about a week ago set a few traps caught a few already just got back h ome and i've found a set trap not unlike yourself triggered but was moved a bout 16inches.......Any1 smell a rat?

actually laughed out loud at this

Reply to
Matty M

Great.

Reply to
micky

Not this mouse.

Meanie

You should keep current. Mr. Gonzales was admitted December 28th, 2013 to the Los Angeles Humane Hospice on Wilshire Blvd. He had originally been treated at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center the night of Dec. 25th, when his friends thought he had just been drinking too much. After a battery of exams over the next two days. he was diagnosed with Repetitive Head Injury Syndrome

and transferred to the hospice, where Mr. Gonzales was found to also suffer from Post-concussion Syndrome.

Doctors give him only two months to live. From the LATimes, Jan 14,

2014: "A long stream of visitors have arrived to pay their respects. Seen entering the hospiice are both the famous and the non-famous, mice, cats, and humans 'Speedy is as always a very intesting guy. We had a great conversation, almost a half hour. I'm going to miss him greatly.' said Sylvester to this reporter"
Reply to
micky

Live trapping is stupid. Mouse were NOT brought here by God, even if you b elieve in that sort of thing. Mice are an invasive species brought to Nort h America on ships from Europe. A released mouse with either A) live outsi de, where they are very harmful to birds that God did put here, if you beli eve in that sort of thing, or B) it will get right back into yours or someo ne else's house where they spread disease and cause anxiety.

Reply to
jonstyles

My neighbor had a raccoon problem. Same issue. The thing was smart enough to take the bait without being trapped. Put up a surveillance camera to see what he was doing. Modified the bait setup. Caught him the next night.

Reply to
mike

And did what with the racoon?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wally Gator

A mouse is smart enough to get a piece of cheese out of a trap. That's why one should use peanut butter. PB sticks to the trigger and cannot be easily removed. I also think PB attracts rodents better than cheese.

nb

Reply to
notbob