Hotpoint gas dryer will not heat.

The model is a Hotpoint NBXR463GB0WW. I replaced the flame sensor because after the igniter would heat up, the sensor switch would not open. Now the switch opens properly, voltage is applied to the solenoids, but it appears that both valves are not opening. There is the correct amount voltage going to the coils. The only irregularity I can find is that the secondary coil resistance is 1325 ohms which is slightly higher than the 1220 ohm reference level published on many appliance help websites. Is it possible that these coils can fail even if the windings don't open?

Thanks for your reply.

-- David Farber L.A., CA

Reply to
David Farber

Hi,

Kinda sounds like a bad gas safety valve.

coil gas valve assembly.

Not normally.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

As it turns out, the gas shutoff valve coming out of the wall was faulty. I replaced it and the dryer works fine now.

Thanks for your reply.

-- David Farber L.A., CA

Reply to
David Farber

As it turns out, the gas shutoff valve coming out of the wall was faulty. I

so what did you do to the kid who turned the valve off:(???

Reply to
hallerb