Hot Water Recirculating Pumps

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@news.solani.org...

Still not critical for life. Remember? AC is about 70 years old. People were around a long longer.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Again, foolish to build a house without a basement. Regardless of where it is.

Reply to
Steve Barker

In *most* areas of Florida, only a fool would attempt to dig a basement.

You might start out digging a basement but by noon you'll soon have a swimming pool. And the following morning you'll have gators in it.

Reply to
Joe

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@news.solani.org...

Office jobs weren't. Factory jobs weren't. Productivity wasn't. My total utility bill last month was $42, including electric heat.

Reply to
krw

Bullshit. It's expensive to impossible in many areas. Unnecessary, too.

Reply to
krw

Joe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Basements should be waterproof, like "reverse" swimmingpools. I'm told they are in Holland, where the groundwater level is often as high as in Jersey. But basements here can flood very easily ...

Reply to
Han

Steve Barker wrote in news:Xs6dnfiq-MmcB6DSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You're barking up the wrong tree. Instant hot water systems can be very energy efficient.

Reply to
Han

T4-

My apologies.... I don't believe their "savings numbers" either.

I was just throwing out some general concepts about where the savings would come from. I think they might have been double dipping on their energy savings.

Looks like no one visited

the author did a decent energy analysis

24/7 small recirc pump ~ 500 to 1000 kwh per year ~200 gallons of propane per year (about 256 therms equivalent)

About a 1/3 of this waste can be eliminated by using a timer, more by having some sort of temp sensor. Even more by doing the push button thing.

A lot of work & expense to have "instant water".

The "best" solution is thermo-syphon with well insulated hot water lines.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK