hot water problem

Lately our hot water has been taken over by the heating system which is inconvenient when not requiring the radiators to be on. It means we have to have house heating on to get hot water, not a happy situation in summer.

Reply to
grouch

install a standard gas oil or electric hot water tank.......

Reply to
hallerb

You make it sound like you just woke up one morning and this happened. You could always have a small electric water heater installed for summer use, so you can shut down the boiler

Reply to
RBM

Not really so, normally. Boilers I've seen that provide heat for radiators and domestic hot water simply rely on what's called an "aquastat" to control the burner, keeping the boiler's water jacket at/near set temp.

Resulting in firing up a BIG (for the purpose) burner to heat a couple of gallons in the part of the jacket for domestic hot water, and maintaining temp in lots of stuff you don't want heated in summer.

House heating is only on when heating t-stat says so, powering circ pump.

What sort of coup resulted in this "take over"? Why don't you simply install separate water heater? It'll cost more up front, and likely save lots long-term.

John

Reply to
barry