Hot water heater problem.

Assuming this is not a troll (who knows?):

You've a large voltage difference where there should be none.

Life-threatening. You _must_ have felt a tingle.

I'd open the breaker, and not run heater again until properly repaired by plumber/electrician.

You really don't want to go randomly punching resets on such high-power devices.

TTFN, J

Reply to
barry

Sound like one of the wires insulation is shorting. (worn out/pinched)

FIRST, ....shut off the power before you go near it with a screwdriver. most water heater are 220-240 and can easily knock you on your posterior, especially if it's on a nice damp concrete basement floor

Reply to
Amun

Hi guys, My hot water heater popped its reset button. I reset the button and now it works fine. New problem, When I try to unscrew the cover plate for the top thermostat I'm getting sparks from the screwdriver to the screw. What the hell is going on? Loose connection?

Reply to
BoB