Hot Water Boiler High Pitch Screaming/ Buzzing

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Hot Water Boiler, it makes a high pitch screaming/ buzzing sound. I believe everything is fine as we get our hot water for shower/ bath and for heating, but it just makes a high pitch screaming/ buzzing sound occassionally.

I found that switching it off and then on again (after a few minutes' wait) sometimes stops the sceaming/ buzzing noise. (But not this evening).

Does anyone know the reason for the noise, and how to fix it?

The model of the hot water heater is Range Powermax 155 from RSA Waterheating Limited.

Thanks

Gerard

Reply to
tanwengkit

Post to this group for more answers:

UK.D-I-Y

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Check the box that holds that covers the controls, sometimes when loose, like mine, it buzzes.

Reply to
Ron

I would get it checked ASAP. "High pitched screaming" sounds like steam escaping through a partially open blow off valve.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

If this is an oil burner, the pump may be screaming from cavitation because of a (partial) blockage in the oil line. No, I did not look up your model to see if it is gas fired.

bob

Reply to
DIMwit