Hot water Baseboards airlocked

Hi Folks, I have a hot water baseboard system that runs on one zone from my oil fired burner. One of the baseboards is airlocked and not producing heat. The bleeder valve is rusted and striped so I can't get the air out of the line.

Any suggestions on how to bleed the air out would be appreciated.

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

Replace the bleeder valve. If you have to, drill it out, re-tap the hole and use an adapter.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

imho:

The fact that you said the bleeder valve is in the need of repair, I would repair it.

Now for air locking, are you sure all isolation valves are open? Check that.

later,

tom @

Just Joshin

I am using mp3 to ringtone gold , it works pretty good . you can download it at

David2007

You can pressure bleed the zone. Then once past heating season, you can repair the bleed.

Details of pressure bleeding vary depending on system configuration, but the idea is get water to flow from the makeup water connection, through the air locked zone, and out the boiler drain (or zone drain if there is one). As best you can, you isolate the problem zone by closing off the valves to the other zones. Pro's will use a pump to get higher pressure and flow than you can through the makeup valve. If the makeup valve has a "fast fill" setting, that will help a lot. And close the valve (if there is one) to the expansion tank. Don't forget to open it again when done.

It helps to sketch out the piping circuit, and figure out what you need to close to get water to flow only through the problem zone.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin