Hot tub leak testing

Hot tub has a leak, stop leak won't fix it so time to remove the skirt and start the hunt. Loaded the tub with 4 bottles of food grade dye after topping up the water, pulled the filter and let it run.

Opened the lid two days later, the water is crystal clear and only dropped slightly.

I believe the leak is in the filter area but can't figure out where the dye disappeared to? I have not removed the skirt yet to see if it's stained blue anywhere.

So where did the dye go?????

Reply to
Idlehands

The dye was probably destroyed by the chlorine.

If you have a light in the spa, check around that. The lights are frequent culprits of leaks. Otherwise, check around any jets at the level where the water stopped leaking.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman