Hot Tub Gray Plastic Turned Gold Color

We noticed that most of the plastic fixtures in our hot tub, naturally gray in color, are all coated in a gold color below the waterline. My wife performed a routine chemical treatment yesterday, including adding pH raiser and Alkalinity raiser. A chem strip shows normal levels.

Any idea what this is and will it resolve?

Reply to
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Have your water tested. Sounds like some sort of mineral problem. You might want to look into a water softener.

Or this:

I haven't tried it but it claims to be an alternative.

Jim

Reply to
Jim T