hose bibs

I'm running copper pipe for 2 hose bibs. What do you think about running a 12" line and splitting it to each bib. Seeing as both bibs will probably not be run at the same time, is this ok? Does code allow this, or do I have to run 3/4 pipe to the T, then 1/2 line? Thanks, Greg

Reply to
Greg

I think a 12" line would handle about anything 6" or less.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Make that 1/2" line, not a 12" line in my original post. Thanks SteveB Mr. PB!

Reply to
Greg

If only running one at a time 1/2 should do fine might be a bit small for 2 at a time.

Reply to
jim

A 12" line seems a bit over kill for residential.

Steve Barker LT

I never knew hoses wore bibs? Must just be the juvenile hoses, huh?

Reply to
tony

it will work greg. but like others have said, if you run both at once you wont have much flow... if that doesnt matter,go for it.lucas

ds549

Jim,

Which may be the problem. Suppose Greg does this and then sells the house. Will the new owner know that he can only run one bib at a time. He should do the job right.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

If it's simply a way to avoid attaching a hose wye connector, I don't see where it would be a problem.

Reply to
DonC

Most wye's have less flow rate than2 hose bibs running together if you have ever run 2 taps at once while that is sorta the flow rate, Also the right way would be to have 3/4 mains in the house branching to 1/2 but if all he starts with is 1/2 inch then thats it least he wants to replumb the house as 1/2 to 3/4 cuts pressure

Reply to
jim