Brass Hose Bid to Copper?

So the piece of pipe at the hose bib in my garden gave way. I had to shut off the water main.

There is a threaded female copper? Stub sticking out of the stucco. Then what screwed into this was about a 3-4 inch piece of male threaded pipe, and then a female hose bid was on the end.

The piece of male thread that threaded into the end at the stucco was all rusty and broke apart and water was everywhere.

So I bought a new brass male hose bib and screwed it into the copper? fitting. Not using a 3-4 " extension piece.

I did this 2 weeks ago, and after thinking about this, this is not good. I need to use a different piece of metal in-between right?

Questions:

Since it was just two weeks ago, will I have any problem getting the brass bib unscrewed from the copper?

What type of metal pipe do I use as an interface?

Can I just go to Osh or depot and get a piece that already has threads on both ends?

Reply to
Tube Audio

Brass into copper is not a problem. Sleep tight...

Reply to
Speedy Jim

although I would suggest an inside shutoff valve for each exterior spigot, preferably a stop-and-waste type, unless either a) your spigot is a "frostproof" type (not likely from the description) or b) you live somewhere where there's absolutely no danger of the pipe inside the wall freezing.

Which reminds me, re: the thread on this, my local Home Despot did apparently get in a shipment of the Mueller/B-K ball type stop and waste valves oriented with the drain the way I needed it for the situation I posted about a couple weeks ago. I picked up two (like having extra useful parts around.) Haven't had a chance to replace the old stop valve, but it's not pressing as it is shut off for the winter anyway.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Brass to copper is fine. You did use pipe dope on the threads?

Or at least the Teflon tape?

Reply to
Colbyt