Honeywell wifi thermostats

Of course. We can monitor visually our house if you have surveillance cameras using ddns and app.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Why would you have to turn it off while vacationing in Hawaii? I never had the need to adjust anything while away. I can see it for monitoring freezing though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

yep, done all that and it has been working fine for a couple months. Now it frequently shows "unable to make connection". Have you ever experienced that?

Reply to
taxed and spent

You'd need to turn the heat off or down if you forgot to do so or can't remember if you did before you left the house. Also, you can have the system resume and have the house at normal temp by using your phone on the way home.

Reply to
trader_4

If there is no danger of freezing, why would you heat your empty house?

Reply to
taxed and spent

You wouldn't. But if there was, you can check that the heat is working.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Occasionally. That is usually a Wifi or modem connection issue than one with the thermostat, though.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Or if you are traveling during the summer, you'd want the house cooled before you got back, but not during the time you were gone.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman