Homelite trimline weedeater

My gas weedeater Homelite is throwing out blue smoke then suddenly dies out. I turn it back on and it starts then about 1 minute it dies again. Please help!!

Reply to
usenet

are you sure you mixed the gas and oil exactly to the directions? if not, dump ot the old gas and put correct mixture in.a new sparkplug may help to. lucas

ds549

Easy to fix. Buy something that does not have Homelite on it and it will run better. They are cheaply made and wear out rather quickly.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Okay, It turns on now cause i had to press the primer button 8 times instead of turning it on on 1. I had to try to 2 button then it starts not on 1 button it would not start. Okay now i hear a loud crackling sound coming from the blue smoke. It still gives out blue smoke. but still hearing that loud crackling sound. HELP!!

Reply to
usenet

Such smoke would normally indicate a problem with the liquids being dispensed by the carb. Clue: lots of lube.

Depending on which disposable Homelite engine it is, maybe one of the bolts attaching the "jug" to the crankcase suffered brittle failure.

If no local service available, suggest replace it with something durable. E.g. Echo, Stihl, anything but cheap s**t. You should have no problem finding product evaluations, like from Consumer Reports, or knowledgeable neighbor.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry