Home inspection Courses in California?

My son recently told me that he was planning on taking a Home inspection course, his amount of construction amounts to a couple of months working for a roofing contracter setting shingles on the roof. Is it really that easy to get to be a home inspector?? He also mentioned that it was to cost about $10,000 for the course. Isn't this the same amount for a PHD in something. I keep smelling "Rip Off!!" Is there any good places in California to take this kind of course?

Reply to
bdeditch

Based on the three I have used he is overqualified.

DAGS or search your state's website. Here in Cali Jr (NJ) the process is similar to becoming a plumber. You need to work with a 'certified' inspector for so many inspections, have them check you work, blah, blah, blah. When you have done enough inspections you can get your license. Other states all you need is a flashlight.

Sounds just like the asbestos abatement training schools scam.

Reply to
RayV