Home builder selection!

A Word of caution on New Home Buying!

  1. Lot, we tend to overlook this, Ensure your lot has the minimum amount of Easements, Otherwise Utilities will be on your lot without your permission and put stuff without consulting you. I am speaking from experience.

  1. Concrete in Basement/Stucco and other concrete, typically average builders and even some false high end builders will NOT REPAIR THIS even when in warranty. DO NOT SIGN PAPER which says concrete job is as is. I have had a bad experience here.

  2. Sod, get the irrigation system OR a deduct meter in before the SOD is laid otherwise you will spend a lot on water.

Good Luck.

I will be posting my random thoghts here, because I would have appreciated such warning when I was buying my home.

Reply to
PSEUDO

AND ask ALOT of questions. Better to ask beforehand then get surprised! Also, don't expect people to 'do their jobs'. It just doesn't happen. Follow everything, double check everything. And put all repairs in writing.

Reply to
AdorHm