Home Air Filter Advice Please

I have 3 returns in my house. I was told that I do not need an air filter in my main unit (which is in my attic) if I have a filter in the returns. However, when I had a filter in the main unit, I noticed it was dirty....even though I had filters in all the returns. So currently, I replace all 4 filters regularly. Is this ok? I use MERV 8 pleated filters.
I want to start using MERV 10 filters. Is it okay to still use one in the main unit?
--

Thanks.

When filter media accumulates dust the pressure drop across the filter increases. This increase in air velocity then increases the amount of dust entrained in the air. And a dirty filter will be indicated by dust coming out of entrainment at the diffusers. In a practical sense having a filter on the main unit will not effect the system to any great degree however the filters in the returns will require more frequent cleaning

MERV RATING
` end
Thanks for this.
--

Thanks.

"Telstra" < snipped-for-privacy@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message

filters.
Don't know, what type of equipment do you have? I will say that most systems are not designed for such a restrictive filter. Let alone, using one after another!

That's a little better tone. Try to keep improving.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Shut the fuck up, asshole.

the
MERV
in
Oops! There you've gone and lost all the brownie points you had picked up for offering a pleasant post. Back to training for you. Do try just a little harder next time.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Do you need another treat?

air
in
it
one
restrictive
up
You really are bi-polar aren't you. Do try to take your meds dancing monkey boi.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

monkey
Whats-a-matter, your boyfriend busy giving head to a *bigger* guy tonight?

filter
noticed
use
picked
tonight?
Posting drunk again? Just keep dancing monkey boi.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

an
use
Geez, you're totally incompetent (no surprise). I guess you never retain *anything* that you read.

So
just
And still drunk in the morning. Maybe it's off to rehab for you.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

And still drunk.