Hollow Cubes From Ice Maker

We have a late model Maytag refrigerator. Recently, it began producing flimsy, hollow ice cubes. Do you know why and/or what the fix might be? TIA!

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

are you sure they are current production ice cubes?

unused they begin looking that way if not used, try dumping the pan and starting over

Reply to
hallerb

or
will have the answer

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes.

I regularly dump the pan to ensure a fresh supply. Only recently did the system begin cranking-out the faulty "cubes". Any fix ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

The cubes aren't freezing all the way through.

Either your freezer isn't cold enough or the timer is suddenly dumping the cubes early. Maybe if your maker has a heater to loosen the cubes its heating too much.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Not five minutes ago, Mrs. MacWidow discovered that she had overloaded the freezer door bin(s) to the point where the compartment wasn't sealing. Hopefully, that was the cause.

That *I* didn't notice the condition is frustrating. I'll post again if the trouble persists. Thanks for the prompt replies.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Clogged saddle valve is a common problem. Go to the cellar, turn the water valve all the way off, and then back on again. Might help.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If that is not the cause, it could be that happnstance has it that your freezer is at the center of the universe, and everything spins around it, causing the centrifical force that make the water climb the sides of the ice cube tray, leaving the center empty

Reply to
yourname