holes in above ground pool wall

Hi,

I have inherited an Esther Williams above ground pool. It is around

10-12 years old. Everything on the pool was in great shape except for the bottom tracks (I ordered new ones) and I recently noticed dozens of pinhead sized holes near the bottom 6 inches of the aluminum wall. The previous owner had dirt up against the wall. I cannot afford to replace the wall. What would be the best way to approach repairing this?

Thanks, Mark

Here is a link to a picture of the holes in the wall:

marklevinson1

Strange.

A permanent fix that seals water tight is to wire brush the holes and patch with radiator leak epoxy - picked up at any auto parts store or walmart.

Reply to
valvejob

What did the inside of the pool look like? I'd be concerned that the walls might be too weak to continue using.

My Esther Williams is about the same age. I had to replace the liner this year (second time). I had some minor surface flaking on the inside but nowhere near a hole. The outside is like new.

Epoxy might work as the other poster suggested.

Reply to
Dan Espen