Hinges

Stupidest question ever!

Bought some hinges (Stanley, 5 knuckle variety) and I noticed that one side of the hinge (the 3 knuckle side with the company name stamped on it) has a slight bend to it at the knuckle and the other side is flat. Which side goes on the door and which side goes on the jamb?

Reply to
edee em

Never noticed that before. The pins go up.

Just joking.

Just looked at some here. The bent one goes to the door and the more or less straight to the frame.

Reply to
Colbyt

I always put the three knuckle side on the frame. It makes it easier to hang the door without scratching anything. The two knuckles on the door go on either side of the center knuckle on the jamb. The outer knuckles prevent the knuckles on the door from scratching the jamb until everything is aligned and the pins slide home.

Reply to
krw

Thanks Keith! Worked like a charm.

Eddie