HELP with Nordyne t3qc-042k Heat Pump and a progammable thermostat?

OK, please help me, I am pulling my hair out with this. I have tried a Hunter top of the line unit and a RiteTemp top of the line unit and still can't get everything working correctly. My ORIGINAL thermostat has the following terminals and connected wires:

G with GREEN WIRE Y with YELLOW WIRE R with RED WIRE O with BLUE WIRE ***** W2 with WHITE WIRE jumperd to E There is nothing connected to the C Terminal.

What does each wire do, I have been all over trying to find the wire diagram for this with only confusing info. I am not a electrician, but I think the Green is my FAN control, Red is my 24V power, after that each new programmable thermostat throws me off. My new RiteTemp model 8030 has the following terminals. C RC O B RH W Y G

I also had a Hunter model 44760, after calling tech support and trying some things, they said I needed a 44428 model. Lowes just recently clearance out all of their stock and K-Mart doesn't carry anything except their low end stuff. This RiteTemp is somewhat nice and has a touch screen, but the tech support is never there, just a answering machine. So, can you guys help me out or tell me what I need exactly?? Thanks.

Mac Carter

Reply to
Mac Carter

These guys will help you.