HELP! What is this thing? (pic link)

Bought a house and the sellers left this thing on the wall in the garage. It's about 12" by 12" or so, protrudes 3-4" from the wall. Obviously? a bracket to hold something, but what? Specifically, what are those little metal loops that hang down for?

TIA,

Rick rgmjr at texas dot net

Rick

The two loops are for hanging brooms or mops. The pockets are for cleaners/paper towels, etc.

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

You pull out a loop and slip the broom or mop handle up through it and let it hang.

Reply to
Frank K.

Rick

Nehmo It's a torture device; I refrain from further detail so to spare the sensibilities of those in this group.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Close, but not quite. The two loops are for hanging brooms. The pocket at the top is for putting a mop head in, with the handle hanging down through the space in the center.

Doug Miller

Thanks for the replies. I kinda thought that's what the hoops were for, but I guess you need brooms with small diameter handles because mine won't fit. Even then, seems to be more of a pain than it's worth, huh?

Thanks again,

Rick

Reply to
Rick