I am looking for a dehumidifier for our basement -- the basement is
about 1000 square feet, has no visible water problems but feels a
little bit damp.
- What size dehumidifier should I be looking for?
- What features are important and which ones aren't?
- What brands/models are considered best?
- In general, is there any advantage to the fancier more fully
featured models or is it all unnecessary gimmick?
Finally, how can I set the dehumidifier to drain automatically if the
height of the nearest open drain (which is the drain for the washing
machine) is about 4 feet off the ground?
- Do they make units with pumps or can I add one on? Would it be
- better to mount the unit high? (however they seem to weight about