HELP! No propane getting to my gas fireplace

Hello!
I know other people have asked this question on this forum, but I don't see the answer to my particular situation; forgive me if I missed it.
My issue:
I have a Worthington Cylinder "approximately 120 gallon" propane tank at my house. I recently had it filled by my local propane provider, as I do every fall.
I went to light the fireplace for the first time this season.
I verified there was gas on the propane tank's gauge. I turned on the gas at the propane tank. I went inside and flipped the light switch that controls the fireplace (when the pilot is lit). I turned the gas valve in the fireplace from parallel to perpendicular. I turned the switch in the fireplace from off to on. I turned the dial to the "pilot" setting. I hit the pilot button. I could see a spark, but I do not smell or hear any gas getting to the fireplace.
I tried flipping the breaker to that part of the house and checking all GCFI outlets.
I tried turning the blue gas valve in the fireplace the other direction, just in case.
I tried googling for a similar situation.
No dice.
I have pictures and videos of my steps (if I can figure out how to post them).
Any suggestions are appreciated!
- JanetAfterAll Murrells Inlet, SC

.
In general, a gas valve is open when it is parallel (i.e. in-line with the gas pipe) and closed when it is perpendicular.
On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 11:37:11 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

And what does "I hit the pilot button" mean. Generally, you have to press and hold the gas valve when it's in the pilot position to get gas flowing to the pilot light. Then you have to light it and continue to hold for 30 secs or so, until it generates enough heat for the pilot light circuit to keep it lit when you release the valve.
On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:06:03 AM UTC-8, JanetAfterAll wrote:

Have you tried lighting it manually?
On 12/2/19 11:05 AM, JanetAfterAll wrote:

My guess would be that you have a clogged pilot orifice.
On 12/2/2019 11:05 AM, JanetAfterAll wrote:

Sounds like you turned that gas off, not on.
Which way is on for a gas valve? The long side of your handle is parallel to the incoming gas line, which means your gas in on and flowing. By turning the handle perpendicular to the incoming pipe, you are closing the valve and shutting off the gas.
On 12/2/19 10:05 AM, JanetAfterAll wrote:

Which way is the valve's handle if there is one?

This might be the culprit. Parallel is generally on as others have mentioned. On is usually with the handle in line with the fuel supply line.

Another culprit might be the pressure regulator at the tank.