Propane Gas "Fireplace" vENTING

Right now I have a propane fueled (BRAND UNKNOWN), cast iron "fireplace" with the fake logs. It is vented with single wall black 4-inch stove pipe into a pre-exisiting, interior, brick chimney that goes 2 stories up through the roof. This chimney serves no other purpose. I would like to remove the chimney to make space. My question is: can this be simply vented through the sidewall of the house and terminate where it leaves the house. The stove is currently insulated from the inerior walls by brick.

Reply to
John F.

Not unless it originally was designed for this type of vent. However, you may use "class B Vent" which is much smaller than the brick chimney to vent it through the roof. It can be walled in with combustibles 2" from the vent surface.

Reply to
EXT

I doubt it. Usually the law is that the chimney must clear the top of the highest part of the structure by some defined amount. You would probably have to run something up the side of the house.

Reply to
Rich256

Buy some ventless logs and you won't have to worry about it. PLUS, all the heat stays in your house.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

But unfortunately all of the combustion byproducts will too.

Reply to
George