help laying laminate floor

I'm getting ready to lay laminate floor on the upper floor of my house. I'm wondering if it is normally laid without interuptions when going through doorways and into new areas or if I need to use some kind of separator or transition piece in order to do each room separatley. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Geo.

Reply to
kgs

As long as you are not changing direction, just continue. Looks better than a transition strip. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It depends on the manufacturer. If the width is less than a certain amount, they require transitions. If you use transitions, buy them first to determine how you will install them and how much gap is necessary between cut ends of the laminate planks. I got in trouble there and had to backtrack for a while.

Reply to
badgolferman