Help-Large base light bulb

I have a fixture (30 years old) that uses a large light bulb with an unusually large base, The bulb and the base are larger than a regular light bulb. Any thoughts on this. Is this size light bulb still available? Where can I get one? What wattage do I get? It is for a fixture that overhangs a dining room table and the fixture is on a dimmer. Any thoughts?

Reply to
PeteXX

Roy Mottola

Probably won't find them at discount stores, but a good electric supply will have them. Get the same wattage you have it you like it. Take it with you if you are not sure. IIRC, they are called mogul base.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There are , in fact, bulbs like that still avaliable. however, they are expensive if I'm not mistaken. I have a lamp with that size bulb receptacle in it, and use an adapter that came with the lamp when I purchased it. I think the adapters are fairly priced and will allow normal bulb size usage.................and over time probably save a wad of 1 dollar bills.

Your call.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

i got a adapter, but it will not work on a 3 way bulb, but wiil work on a single type bulb.

Reply to
jdk

Good to know. Thanks.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I did buy an adapter, but as one writer indicated, a three way light will only work at one level. The majors, Home Depot and Lowes do not have mogul incandescent, but i have a lead at a local hardware store for one. Thanks for the responses.

Reply to
PeteXX

Reply to
jhill

Thanks for the helo. I decided to use an adapter. This seems the easy way to handle this mogul socket and gives me more options for lighting. Thanks again.

Reply to
PeteXX