Help diagnose Maytag washer clicking sound

Occasionally, after filling the tub (wash or spin) and engaging the trans (?) there is a VERY obvious clicking sound. If I manually reposition the tub the click most of the times goes away. Sometimes it take a couple of adjustments. Its about

7 years old. Is this gonna be a big one?
Reply to
CecilnBobby

PS this is not related to the thread directly before this one

Reply to
CecilnBobby

If you post the washer's complete model (and possibly serial) number we can see which design it is (there are several different ones) and what components of it may be responsible.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

Model#? Maytag has made a few different styles....

helps.

If yours is the Dependable Care style....the motor pulley has been known to make clicking noises if it breaks and starts to come apart...looks like this one...

pulley for most Maytag washers.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

dependable care LAT8434AA A0105949 KQ

thanks for the help

Reply to
CecilnBobby

I forgot the last character of the model #

LAT8434AAE

Reply to
CecilnBobby

:>If you post the washer's complete model (and :>possibly serial) number we can see which :>design it is (there are several different ones) :>and what components of it may be responsible. :>

:>You can find tips for locating the model and serial :>number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' :>section of my site linked below.

As Jeff said, check the motor pulley to make sure both halves are still solidly attached to the center hub. Other than that, you'll likely need to determine where exactly on the machine the sound is coming from. It could be just a hose or wire harness has come loose and is striking other components from the movement during operation.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

The GOOD old Dependable care style Maytag washer :)

How are you "manually reposition the tub"?? Is the inner basket loose at all? Might be hitting/rubbing the plastic tank cover.

apart helps so you can have a peek.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I just push the tub left,right,front or back.

I don't think its loose, always had a certain amount of "give". I'll have to prop her up and have a look. Thanks for the tips.

Reply to
CecilnBobby

Reply to
Nick