Heating & Air Conditioning Control

With a properly working thermostat, and 25vac on my red lead shouldn't I get 25vac on my white when the tstat is calling for heat?

If I'm not, should I suspect the thermostat as the back plate was replaced with no net effect?

Gas heat / Electric Cool, simple R,W,G,Y wiring

In alt.hvac, a sarcastic respondent asked if I had checked the condition???? Would someone here please explain briefly the proper TS method and "Condition check"

Thank You,

Steve Towne

Reply to
Steve

On the circuit board in the furnace, there should be 5 terminals. Take the wire off of the R terminal and use a meter to check between the R and C terminals.

Or, short out those 2 terminals with a piece of 16 gauge or larger wire. That will let the smoke out of your transformer. If you can get the smoke back into the transformer, you'll be very lucky.....

Reply to
HeatMan

R u not supossed put a jumper across R and W at the board first while the stat is hooked up and then do the smoke test with R and C.? Kill two tasks with the same jumper wire?

Reply to
Truckman