emer heat not kicking on

Ok, if we did not get cool in georgia we, me, and you would not be reading this! So here we go, i installed a grand aire 3.5 13 seer with 7.5 heat strips in my new house! Had no problem with system until i started calling for the emer heat! I back feed the common line (blue on thermostat) and had to replace the transformer. Which i did and the system starts up (fan runs) everything else seems to work compressor comes up (not running because of cold weather right now) so on the thermostat had to run a jumper for emer heat but still no luck. So my question is there a way to jump the thermostat to make work with emer heat? here are the wires w= white b= common r= heat o= reverse y= heat? g= fan

thanks the man with a cold nose!

------------------------------------- george Cazby------------------------- \ \ _ ______ | \ \ / \___-=0`/|0`/__| \ SIGNATURE GOES HERE \_\ / | / ) / / `/-==__ _/__|/__ -| / / * \ | | / / (o)

--------------------------

Reply to
cazby

[...]

heard ya the first time You got a couple of wires reversed I corrected it to where they should be..... you do need to verify that b

*IS* common.

BTW.. 7.5KW heat strips is not enough for 3.5 ton heat pump. You should be running 15KW strips. But a *competent* tech would have known this, as well as the basic control wiring. You would be well advised to PAY a tech to come check your install to make sure that the installation complies with code at a minimum, get a permit and have the local building inspector check it too.

Reply to
Steve

Get a new thermostat, one that has all the colors. Get a Rainbow thermostat. they made great vacuum cleaners. Now, they make thermostats, too.

------------------------------------- Complete idiots like me spam the Usenet with inane questions and moronic advice to posts from years gone by. That's me! Sammy Slipsheet

I use a low flush toilet, too! Save the planet! Use leaves!

Reply to
Sammy Slipsheet

[...]

How is it bragging? As you can see I am on Eternal September so I see it too. I went on HOH to check but I don't normally read or ever post from there.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know