Briggs & Stratton 22 h.p. Engine Problem

Does anyone know why I'm having problems with a 22 h.p. B&S engine? It starts, but when you unchoke the engine it dies. Sometimes it will run unchoked,but it will die out after 3 minutes. I put a new fuel pump on 2 months ago. Still same problem.Filter changed, fuel pick-up ok. It's starving for fuel, but how come? What adjustments are on the carburetor?

Reply to
jeep

Sounds to me like the high speed orifice is plugged up. The high speed adjustmnent is 1 and 1/2 turns out from all the way seated and the idle is 1 full turn out. But I would say you have some gummed up ports. Ck out this site to guide you.

Randd01

Dear Randd, You are a wise man. I'd also suggest he check the gasket between the carb and the engine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon