Heater for outdoor "cat house"

If I had a cat house in my yard, Id install a regular furnace, because Id spend more time in the cat house than in my own house.

Reply to
anoldfart2

I made up a heater for our dog house based on what I remember my grandfather doing on his farm. Dog house is insulated and with a flap door installed.

Took a light base that normally a glass globe attaches (large) Metal can (long, food comes in, juice, etc) with small vent holes punch around the outside. installed a small screen around the can to prevent curious burnt noses, although installed in the top of the dog house which they never bother.

100 what light installed with can installed into the globe base, srcews that originally held the globe hold the can in place.

I had a hard time getting the right size can to fit, I suspect that could make a metal shroud out of some metal flashing or whatever.

My grandfather always used metal, he said radiated heat well.

Anyway my little setup works great, have on a thermostat to turn off during the day when temps get warm.

Reply to
MC

I was using off-the shelf K&H and Cat House Space Heater 65W from eBay htt ps://

984.m1555.l2649?
Reply to
iniky77

I was using off-the shelf K&H and Cat House Space Heater 65W from eBay htt ps://

984.m1555.l2649?
Reply to
iniky77

Guy needs to get a life, not a heater ;-)

Reply to
Travis Bickle