Heat Pump Buzzing Sound

Dear All,

I have a RUUD Model UPFB-024JAS Outdoor Heat Pump, and the reversing valve selenoid (part number 61-17286-04) makes a buzzing sound when engaged in heat mode. I have replaced the selenoid with an original part, and verified that it is mounted correctly on the reversing valve shaft. I have observed that depending on how tight (or loose) I make the retaining nut on the selenoid, I can reduce or increase the buzz noise; however, I dare not tighten too tight lest I damage the reversing valve body.

Any suggestions on how I can eliminate the buzzing noise? I tried a washer on either end of the selenoid, but to no avail. The clearance between the reversing valve shaft and the selenoid itself is too close to wedge a piece of paper or some tape between the two surfaces.

Thanks!

Reply to
Kestrel

Pray for an early spring?

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

.........and your voltage at the solenoid engaged as measured with a digital instrument is............... Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Stop asking impossible questions. You know he has no clue. Sounds to me like he needs a reversing valve booster. They are great for eliminating buzzing noises.

Reply to
Al Moran