HD Glacier Bay Adj. Shower Head (the kind with a bar and two heads; one via a hose)

Hello,

Have one of those HD Glacier Bay Showers Their Model 8473100GB or 8474100GB

It's the kind that has a slider bar that provides for a hand held shower head (via a hose) and also a top mounted shower head

There is a 3 position valve at the bottom of the bar that selects one or the other, or both heads.

The valve handle has gotten loose, and is no longer firm in it's housing. If pushed in, and held, it works fine.

Can't find any replacement part drawing for what is likely nothing more than a screw that has become loose, somewhere.

Anyone familiar with these kinda things, and can perhaps suggest what might be wrong, and how to go about repairing it ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

The install instructions typically have a parts diagram with replacement part numbers, assuming it's meant to be serviced. Find it online. It will show how it's put together.

But many of those things aren't meant to be fixed. I have one I bought not long ago and AFAIK there isn't anything serviceable on it, other than maybe a replacement hose, hose washer, etc. The good news is they aren't very expensive. Even if you needed a new hose, it would probably cost a good percentage of what you can get a whole new one for.

Reply to
trader_4

I've never had much luck installing hand-held shower heads, either store brands like yours or much more expensive name brands. They all loosen up after a while, start to leak, or generally don't work particularly well.

I'd really like to find a good one!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

I have a Delta bought from Lowes. 5 years in and ok. The vibrate is gone bu t still no complaints...ish.

Reply to
Thomas