Harbor Freight Question

I need to buy a few texture and or splatter drywall sprayers. HF sells one for $29.00 and I'm wondering if anyone has tried one? I know HD sells theirs for 59.00 but they look identical. I know you get what you pay for specially when it comes to HF. Just wondering how this one measures up?

Rich

Reply to
EvoDawg

I bought one and have used it for several small home jobs. Works fine. It's not a professional tool, but works for occasional use around the house.

Reply to
SLIM

I have lots of Harbor Freight tools, it is not the tool, it is the hands and arms behind them. If you have never sprayed before, get some scrap and practice until you get what you like. Since I am so terrible at finish drywall I do the rough taping, first two coats, sand then go find a professional. I just do not have the wrist action to make it look right.

Reply to
SQLit

Thanks guys guess I'll have to pick one up and try it.

Rich

Reply to
EvoDawg

I believe that HD has two different spatter guns. The style I bought from HD about 2 years ago was the same and essentially identical to the style they sold for $35-40. In addition, HD had another gun they sold for about $60 which was different and appeared to be better. Mine worked fine for me but the current HF style looks better and closer to the old higher cost HD spatter gun. The HF gun on sale is about $20 in the stores.

But why would you want to buy a "few?"

EvoDawg wrote:

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

A friend of mine used on of the hf sprayers to do his basement. It did a good job, and he was satisfied. Be aware, though, that if you're going to do this you need a lot of air. He has an el-cheapo compressor, and it didn't take much convincing for him to come get my

20-gallon two stage unit.
Reply to
Chris Hill