Happy Armed Forces Day to all who Honorably Serve

Your logic and examples are basically illogical and immature. Amazing how many right-wingers are so upset about Benghazi's few deaths, but not at all upset by the several hundred of thousands of deaths caused by the unjust and illogical war that George W Bush and Cheney started. Like I stated previously, "Conservatives seem to always have excuses and rarely take responsibility for their actions when their actions, or inactions,do not turn out well". Neither Party is blameless and only a fool would think so.

Reply to
Buffalo

Still living in your cave in the past. You are a pathetic liberal specimen.

Reply to
Buffalo

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting folks there with. You use broad general statements that are pretty meaningless until you start backing them up.

You talk about conservatives always having excuses and not taking responsibility for their actions. Got any specifics you'd care to discuss?

Perhaps you would like to discuss the idiocy of the left, constantly attempting to limit the rights of citizens to own guns and ammo, yet never addressing the real problem, that being criminals?

Reply to
SeaNymph

Some how, fighting terrorism and the spread of radical islam doesn't strike me as unjust and illogical. Of course, it's easy to say when one is in the USA, and not seeing first hand the terror victims. That changed on 9/11 and in Boston when the Boston Marathon bombing occured on US soil.

My experience is that conservatives are the ones who do take responsibility, and try to do better.

The lack of responsibility has been from the left, from what I see.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perhaps you could give one logical reason why Iraq was picked for the 'war' on terrorism because of 911. The only one I could come up with was that Sadam threatened W's father. Stupid war that costs us way too many lives and it was not even with the right Country. Ineffective and an ignorant and arrogant act by our Country

Reply to
Buffalo

Jeez, how long is the left going to blame Bush for all the problems in this country? How much money, how many jobs, and how many still unemployed has this administration cost this country. Lives ruined, businesses shut down, people out of work for years. So, where's the accountability?

Reply to
SeaNymph

Almost eight years later, it's still the Bush Recession. Remember those awful 5% unemployment numbers? Now, in the Obama Recovery, we're up to

20% or so U-6 unemployment numbers. What progress. And food stamps, lets talk about food stamps.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For April 2016 the official Current U-6 unemployment rate was 9.3% down from 9.9% in March.

You must be using that common core math.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

It is true that once a city (Country) is burned down, it takes a long time to rebuild it. Yes, much longer than 8 yrs, a hell of a lot longer than Bush and Cheney and the Right Wingers predicted how long the Iraq War would take. Bush lit the match, and let it 'burn' and 'burn' and 'burn'. Even during the 2008 election process, it was strongly asked, why would anybody want to be the President since the Economy is tanking SO badly. Course, right wingers would have still been blaming Clinton (many yrs more than the 8 you mentioned) if Mc Cain had been elected. Like I said before, the right wing almost never takes responsibility for its actions, if they don't turn out well.

Have more right wingers or left wingers have served in the military in the last 20 yrs? Put your head back in the 'sand'.

Reply to
Buffalo

If I was using common core, I'd say the Obamassiah unemployment rate were negative, and best ever in US history.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The unemployment rate

Shot up with the Oh Bomb Us style of running the country.

Why would right wingers serve in a liberal military, run by liberals? From what I've heard of "rules of (not) engagement" it's pretty much suicide to go into combat zones. With the rules and policies stacked against you so severely.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Typical right wing answer. We want our rights and will start wars, but 'our' kind will not serve in the military on the front lines. It is suicide to go into combat zones, so let others do that, not us.

Reply to
Buffalo

You didn't say "alternate data" you said U-6.

I heard somewhere that when he was told Brazillian troops had died in Afghanistan he asked how many is a brazillion.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

The U-6 didn't support my statement, so I went fishing.

I've found the last couple years to be really economic disaster. When boots on the ground is seeing a recession, it's hard to believe the number crunchers who tell me that things are delightful.

I heard the joke as "two Brazillian..."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Mormon brought next idea :

[...]

Well, that's clearly twice as many then. Even in common core math.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

burfordTjustice was thinking very hard :

Wrong, that's just another one of your lies. Maybe it is a Republican lie or a conservative (rightist) lie - but it is still a lie.

FromTheRafters

yep, more leftists/liberals/democrats doing as they please, when they please.

Buffalo

=====================================

. U.S. changes how it measures long-term unemployment Updated 12/28/2010

So many Americans have been jobless for so long that the government is changing how it records long-term unemployment.

Citing what it calls "an unprecedented rise" in long-term unemployment, the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), beginning Saturday, will raise from two years to five years the upper limit on how long someone can be listed as having been jobless.

The move could help economists better measure the severity of the nation's prolonged economic downturn.

"We realize more and more people are unemployed longer than 99 weeks, so we need to break it down further," Standish says.

Long-term unemployment has grown markedly over the past few years. The BLS says the average length of unemployment has increased from 29.4 weeks in November 2009 to 34.5 weeks last month. Nearly 10% of the USA's

15.1 million jobless have been looking for work for two years or more.

Copyright 2011 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc. Become a member of the USA TODAY community now! User Image Log in | Become a member What's this?

===================================== You really should contact these people, and tell them to stop lying.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Might want to contact these people:

And tell them they are wrong (quote below)

What he is saying is that the unemployment rate doesn?t capture all of the people sitting on the sidelines in despair of finding a job. The employment-population ratio, the percentage of the working-age population actually working, sits at 58.7 percent, Hall notes, well below a peak of 63 percent before the recession and the lowest rate since the early 1980s. This suggests to Hall that there are a lot of people not showing up in the official unemployment rate.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The official unemployment rate is the U-3 and has been since 1994, before that it was the U-5 which was defined the same way as today's U-3 rate. Using alternative figures is comparing apples to oranges.

First you say U-6 and use "Alternative Charts" because you liked them better, and now you use "Long Term Unemployment" because you like it better. Maybe you should count dead people as unemployed because pushing up daisies doesn't pay enough?

Still, the official rate is still determined the same way it has been for a very long time - so I stand by my statement about Burford's latest lie.

FromTheRafters