Gyprock question

Hello,

I have done gyprocking before and did do a wonderful job on my mothers basement back in 1981 or so... A few things I can't remember or maybe it wasn't invented back in the day.LOL .. My question is this...... Is there a difference between ceiling gyprock and wall gyprock? I am going to completely gyprock a bedroom (10X13) with 1/2 inch. Do I just buy the sheets for the entire area or do I have to seperate wall type from ceiling type? Reason why I ask this is my brother said one type has a green stripe and other has a red stripe incicating ceiling? Or is my brother bullsh*tting me? Thanks... Jim

While I have the floor....which to you do first?...ceiling or walls?

Reply to
Jim

Your brother is bs'ing you. I assume the spacing between wall studs and between ceiling joists is 16 inches or less so that you don't have to worry about sagging on the ceilings. I would do the ceilings first as it is harder to move sheetrock around over your head to ge a perfect fit in the corners, etc. Then you can put the wall sheetrock up under the rough edges of the ceiling and no one will ever know if you finish the corners well. We'll see if others agree or not. Either get a couple of friends and a couple of step ladders and a case of beer to do the ceilings or rent a hoist and just one friend..

Reply to
hrhofmann

How many times do you need to ask???Twice wasn't enough ???

Reply to
benick

Did they POST?...I still can't see them...I must have a filter out of whack or something....I tried posting three times before I actually see my post here....Jim

Reply to
Jim

Give something time to show up. I ALWAYS allow at least one hour before checking!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Give something time to show up. I ALWAYS allow at least one hour before checking!

Well it's been overe a day and I STILL don't see my first two posts...all I see is this one...must be something in my filters... Jim

Reply to
Jim