Grout curing

I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured before applying. How long does that normally take?

Reply to
jeffc

Just finished a bathroom replacement. The tile guy told me to wait 24 hours before applying the sealer. I did. That was last week and everything seems to be okay, so far.

____________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Bill Waller

Reply to
CanadianCowboy

what does it say on the bag/box of grout?

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

You mean the one the builder of the house threw away before I moved in? I know that paint has a drying time and also a curing time. I thought it might be similar for grout, with a curing time being something like 3 weeks. But I guess not.....

Reply to
jeffc

A day or two, then seal it.

Reply to
G Henslee

they have bags at home dept. for that matter, they have the instructions online

the first link is
which contains the quote " The commonly recommended curing time for Portland cement grouts is 72 hours. "

google is your friend

Reply to
Charles Spitzer