Grounding a light fixture

I am replacing some light fixtures that were original equipment in my house. The electrician connected the bare ground wire in the ceiling to the ground wire in the fixture with a wire nut instead of screwing it into the fixture hanger. I just redid it the same way, but now I am sorta wondering if there is any reason I shoud NOT do so and go back and redo my work.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

If it is connected to the box there is no problem.

Reply to
gfretwell

Thanks.

Reply to