Perhaps, but I've changed outlets for 30+ years with the power on and
while the occasional bite is unpleasant, it is hardly dangerous, at
least not sitting on carpet or hardwood. My now brother-in-law and I
used to plug the leads of a tester into the wall socket and see who
could hold on the longest when we were kids, he always won. While I
could do without a shock, in a house where nothing is marked, it is a
lot simpler to just change it out. It is kind of like the asbestos
thing, somewhat dangerous, but blown way out of proportion.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.