Grinding sound from Lennox Furnace

Grinding sound from Lennox Furnace open original

We were on vacation for a week and came home to an awful grinding sound coming from our Lennox central air system. Does anyone have any idea what this might be or how we can fix it ourselves?

Reply to
Bria

Could be the blower. Could be the motor bearings, could be something got into the blower wheel and is scraping. You have to open it up and look and listen, turn the blower by hand to see if it scrapes.

Then when you have no clue, call a pro.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Also not stated is where the sound is coming from. Air handler inside? Condenser outside? Either way, fan/blower sounds like culprit.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

I had a grinding sound in my air handler. It was sound insulation that got sucked inside the blower. Something that was supposed to make it quieter was making it louder.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 11:49:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

Could be the burglar stuck in the air handler ;-)

To OP please post back with your findings.

Reply to
Tekkie©