greasey new laminate floors

Our installer was cleaning up a mess of levelling compound on our newly laid laminate floor. He asked me for some cooking oil and then went down to the basement floor and started cleaning. I did not see him using it. When he went home I checked the floor out and there is a greasy film on our floor over one third of it. I tried washing with a damp mop and it is just smearing. I tried using a damp mop and a commercial laminate floor cleaner and it still did not do the job. Where he did not use the oil the floor looks nice. How do I get this mess cleaned up. Please help I am stressing over this

-- The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.

Reply to
Ninip

I would call the installer back and have him take care of it. His job is not done.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Agreed. You have to phone the guy and let him know. You could try a TSP solution. But I'd test it on some scrap flooring first. Laminate being plastic it should not be a problem but always test first you never know.

Reply to
SofaKing

Good grief, from what you wrote in other threads about this installer. You really need to keep him out of your home. Mild soap and water should cut cooking oil. I would hold back on payment until you find out how much it will cost to get the job completed correctly. Hard telling what the floor looks like. Sorry about your experience. I would venture to guess this person doesn't install laminates for a living.

Reply to
Sonny

Agreed.

A mild hot soapy dishwater cleans up cooking oil for millions every day so it should work just fine on your floors. Rinse and dry throughly immediately after application.

PJ

Reply to
PJx