granite counter - undermount sin, clearances

I'm renovating a bathroom and plan on using granite counters. I want the keep the depth of the vanity to a minimum to keep a reasonable space in front of it, preferably 18-19" but probably need to go more to fit a reasonable size sink. I'm building the vanity so I can make it any size but I'm not sure how to determine it.

I went to a granite company today but that conversation left my more confused on how big I need to make it. He seemed reluctant to make any kind of recommendation other then "bigger." I also tried the Home Depot, but got nowhere there.

My question is, how much clearance do you need to leave at the back and front of the sink. For example, I'm looking at at rectangular Kohler that has an outside dim of 14 1/4" front to back (12" opening). How big would by vanity need to be?

Reply to
Snowbound

Lessee, 14.25 undermount sink, at _least_ 2 inches for the fixture, depending on the user interface, plus some buffer for the mounting hardware, let's say >3 inches, your overhang(3/4 inch), and room for the undermount to clear the vanity (

Reply to
tom