Good stuff

Where`s the good stuff? I mean mostly tools, hardware, and routine houshold things. I bought a hose nozzle at W.M. for $4.00 and it only lasted about 1 month. I didn`t expect it to be a real good one but with 4 hoses that would be 24 nozzles for one season. I went to tractor supply and got a better nozzle for $ 8.00 but it only lasted 1 year. Once I bought a real cheap black and decker drill--less than $10.00-- and thought it would be nice to have an extra set of brushes. They don`t even make extra brushes for this item. I would like to find someplace that sells well made products with metal parts instead of cheap plastic, screws holding it together instead of weak plastic clips--I mean whoever heard of plastic gears in a chain saw. I know I would have to pay more but it would be worth it.

Reply to
Herb and Eneva

There are still a few places that sell quality fittings. For a hose nozzle try Lee Valley

For a hose reel try

Edwin Pawlowski

Sears still sells some fairly good quality stuff. "Building Supply" stores generally stock good grades of plumbing.

Lowes and Home Depot are hit-n-miss with both personel and products. Never buy the cheapest grade offered....

Reply to
grasshopper

My Ace Hardware has a small cabinet full of brushes in the tool department with about 100 different styles. I have had pretty good luck matching them up. BTW you may have to ask around, 2 employees said they didn't have any brushes before a guy said yes they did.

Reply to
gfretwell

Ace and Sears have lifetime warrantys, at least you can exchange items. Craftsman hand tools are good.

Reply to
ransley

It's a throw-away world. They want you to buy cheap products...often. Another problem is design engineers appear to be on LSD. The crap coming out of factories is amazing. I have repaired and improved many items rather than throw them out and buy again. For instance a wind cork screw with side levers. The plastic bottle seat broke after only a few uses. I had to design and make a steel bottle seat that works fine. I've had power transformers for things go bad and I had to hack saw them open to repair wires and diodes. Then tape them shut. I'm into function, not looks. I had a hack saw blade mounting hook break and fabricated one out of a coat hanger. Still works to this day.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

" 'Tis better to spend than to mend," or so said George Orwell.

Reply to
HeyBub

Try your local Ace hardware.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hit or miss, too, imo....much of their stock any more is simply Ace-branded versions of the same Chinese imports as everywhere else.

The "real" stuff remains at the actual distributors for the most part w/ the odd local supplier or the internet/catalog store which has a wide enough market exposure to be able to hit the rare consumer who actually does buy something on other than lowest initial cost...

Reply to
dpb

Speaking of nozzles, I just got one from Amazon for about $18. A little expensive, but it's supposed to have lifetime warranty (my lifetime I guess).

Anyway, it works very well. Just search Amazon for hose nozzles.

Reply to
trailer