Goldline Aqua rite chlorine generator

I installed a Goldline Aqua Rite chlorine e generator in my pool last year. Well it's been nothing but trouble from day one. The sale pitch is it will make your pools chlorine for you. Mine doesn't even come close. I am saving no money what so ever I still have to shock the pool. Last year at the end of the season the rep. determined the Turbo Cell was faulty. Then it did seem to put out some chlorine but now year two not putting out any or very little at best . Of coarse the go back to pool water chemistry every excuse except there might something wrong with the product. Well I've had two independent pool supplies check the water everything seem OK. So we will see what happens. But has any body had any experience with the Aqua Rite system? As I see it rite now I have a $1000 thermometer. In retrospect if you're thinking of going to a salt water pool (the water feels great) Just add the salt and take care of the pool as you normally would only dereference if you have to check the salt level once in a great while.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

What chlorine concentrations are you getting? What are your other water test readings? How high are the cyanurates?

Have you sampled the chlorine concentration in the output of the thing, as opposed to the bulk pool?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

My consecration is about .2 or lower. I am keeping it up manually shocking the pool as needed. The Cyanurates are 100. Every thing is in the limits. Of coarse the rep. is saying he will bet money its phosphates. Well there at 200 parts per billion that's almost none. His theory is the chlorine is attacking the phosphates. The turbo cell has been tested with there new cell tester it's working. So the only thing left is the unite it self, a bad circuit board. I test my water at minimum twice a week and take it in bi weekly. What bothers me about the whole thing is the buck passing and excuses

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

0.2 ppm free chlorine with 100 ppm cyanurates is useless.

You ought to check water in the output stream of the cell instead of your bulk water. That concentration times the flow rate will tell if the cell is producing the specified amount of chlorine per day regardless of what's happening later to the chlorine in the pool.

If production is low, then test the wattage at the cell to diagnose the cell versus the controller.

If you have a local dealer who sold you this or installed it, then you've got to pressure them on their warranty of performance. Otherwise you've got to fix it yourself.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I'm on the second cell, I've check the water at the outlet to the pool 0% the rep said you can't really test it that way. The rep will be back this week .

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

This "rep" is either lying or stupid. There is a specified mass of chlorine output per unit time. Easy enough to measure if the cell is delivering that or not.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch