go kart engine starts with fuel in cylinder, then quickly dies

fuel is definitely getting to the carb, but it seems like its not reaching the engine. clogged carburetor?

Reply to
fuhgettaboudit02

Clogged jets or stuck float

Reply to
RBM

As a test I would pull the spark plug and pour a small amount of fuel in the cylinder (install plug and wire) and see it the engine fires.

Small amount = tablespoon or less.

I agree with the clogged jets / stuck float ... spray the float and jet/seat well with a carb cleaner. Ensure it moves freely and is not binding. Check the gasket on the bowl and or replace. A gasket can become saturated in time and it doesn't seal, causing a vacuum leak...

-- Oren

Oren

Oren and RB are telling you true...

Reply to