Glass replacement. Old crank window.

I have 1950s era aluminum 3 pane crank windows in a fishing cabin. I need to replace a pane, but don't see any clips or screws to get the frame apart. There seems to be very thin aluminum flashing around the outside, but just putting a screwdriver gently in a corner messed it up. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Robert Michael

Pictures, manufacturer???

Reply to
dpb

If it is at all similar to an aluminum frame storm window, I have a suggestion based on the last time I pried the frame apart and replaced the glass.

Don't bother trying to salvage the corner piece. Cut right through it with a Dremel and replace it with a new one. Also, use plastic for the replacement pane rather than risk breaking the glass while assembling.

Reply to
TimR